Administrative Assistant, Construction
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
Wesgroup is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its Construction team. The Administrative Assistant will be an integral part of the team, interacting with subcontractors, project managers, development managers and the preconstruction team while assisting with the overall office administration as required. This role will report to the Executive Assistant, Construction. The role of Administrative Assistant will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist the contract administrator with executing construction and development contracts, change orders, substantial completion letters and letters of intent.
- Assist with reminders for outstanding contractual items
- Sort, organize and file documents within our document management system including coordination for off-site storage
- Maintaining information and data in department databases
- Prepare meeting notes and distribute as required
- Order and track safety related items (site templates, reports, etc.)
- Maintain and track equipment inventory lists
- Booking conference rooms/meeting rooms / arranging for catering services
- Provide front desk reception relief
- General administrative and clerical support as required
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- 1-3 years of experience in construction administration or similar experience in an admin or support position in an office environment
- Diploma in business administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressive work experience
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Adobe and Word
- Excellent understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-pasted team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required
- Positive attitude and a desire to help others
- Liaising between groups, both internal and external, to ensure timely/accurate delivery of materials
- Ability to work independently and on a team
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.