Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
This role will be responsible for assisting with overseeing trades and effectively managing daily on site activities. This individual must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals and consultants while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel. Planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the construction documents, schedule and budget. This position will work closely with the Site Superintendent and fulfill an integral role on the project.
- Minimum 3 years’ as an Assistant Site Superintendent with experience in wood frame residential buildings including framing, rough-in and finishing.
- Assist the Superintendent in managing work on site to ensure the compliance of construction drawings and specifications;
- Support the Superintendent in planning and implementing schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained;
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control including deficiency lists;
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety and WCB are enforced;
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractors and suppliers.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks given by the Superintendent, Project Manager or VP.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and proactively develop appropriate means and methods to meet and overcome challenges.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.