Lower Mainland, BC
Wesgroup is seeking a motivated Building Technician to join our Asset Management team. The Building Technician will be an integral part of the team, representing Wesgroup as the front line contact with tenants/clients and sub-contractors. The role is responsible for maintaining all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural and building life safety equipment and systems. This role will report to the Property Manager. The role of Building Technician will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Routine inspection of equipment for safe operation and proper maintenance including reviewing operational abnormalities or inefficiencies
- Performs move in and move out inspections
- Completes all services orders in order of importance and updates the requests accordingly
- Ensures that all Occupational Health & Safety legislation and regulations are being adhered to as per Wesgroup’s Corporate Safety Program
- Preparation of routine monthly report on the operation of facilities and maintenance activities
- Recommends maintenance requirements or capital improvements to improve facility operations or reduce energy consumption
- Responds immediately to emergencies both during regular working hours and after hours when on call
- Prepare and update tool and equipment list.
- Completes preventative maintenance responsibilities and related documentation in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Monitors certain preventative maintenance requirements that are completed by a qualified subcontractor (i.e., fire alarm inspections, backflow preventer inspections, annual chiller preventative maintenance)
- Ensures that existing maintenance or service contracts are enforced and contractors are adequately supervised and ensures that contractor service levels are achieved.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and inspections of all mechanical equipment including air handling units, pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, and compressors
- Performs routine inspections on life safety and security systems
- Updates preventative maintenance records (Angus)
- Portrays a favorable image of the organization as the front-line contact with clients/tenants and sub-contractors, including wearing proper attire and identification
- Demonstrates excellence, enterprise, and enthusiasm in their association with co-workers and clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- High school education or equivalent
- 2+ years hand on experience in a general maintenance role
- Knowledge of methods and principles of general building maintenance
- Principles of carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, heating, ventilation, cooling, lock smithing, building locking and security systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently in the absence of supervision
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and plans
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Understanding and knowledge of local safety requirements
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please visit our website at www.wesgroup.ca/careers/ and apply with your resume and cover letter.