Construction Hoist Operator
Lower Mainland, BC
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate.
Wesgroup is looking for a talented professional to join their construction team as a Hoist Operator. This position will be reporting directly to the Site Superintendent.
- Responsible for the safe operation of hoist/elevator to transport employees to various floors
- Conduct daily pre/post inspections of hoist
- Some light general labour duties may be required
- Document safety checks on hoist equipment
- Report mechanical or operation defects to site HSE or Superintendent
- Participate in and adhere to Wesgroup Contracting’s Health & Safety Program
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Hold a valid Hoist Ticket
- Proper PPE: Hard hat, vest and steel toe boots required
- Reliable transportation means to and from work (for ours of scheduled site work)
- Available to work flexible hours in a construction site environment
- Must be physically fit for regular work duties
- Must be able to communicate well and be able to follow direction from the Site Supervisor/Foreman
- Able to perform well in high demand situations
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions as you will be exposed to the elements
We will provide a competitive salary for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.