Customer Care Representative, Construction
Selected Development Project Locations (Lower Mainland, BC)
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
The construction team of Wesgroup is looking for a self-motivated, detail-orientated individual with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads. The candidate will be responsible for aspects of Quality Control process for new buildings, homeowner orientations and to coordinate warranty repairs as required for existing buildings while ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Represent the Wesgroup in client facing activities related to pre-occupancy and the New Home Warranty before and after homeowners take possession of their new homes in a professional, thoughtful, and courteous manner.
- Conduct quality control inspections to prepare for building completion and work with Site Superintendents to have trades rectify any and all items identified.
- Complete new home orientation with purchasers, explain required homeowner maintenance, operation of mechanical components, and identify any deficiencies to be remedied.
- Understand and communicate details on building layouts, general building details, policies regarding the 2-5-10 New Home Warranty, and construction industry standards.
- Responsible for contacting homeowners, setting up appointments, prioritizing work orders and resolving warranty work orders issued by the Customer Care Department.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- 5 years relevant experience with residential construction, quality control or finishing carpentry is required.
- Ability to read and interpret specifications, drawings and other construction related documents.
- Post-Secondary and / or diploma/certificate in Trades Training, Journeyman designation or related experience as asset.
- Familiar with and confident in completing minor repairs within residential homes related to plumbing, electrical, cabinets, flooring, including cosmetic type surface repairs. Must have basic hand tools.
- General knowledge of construction and be familiar with components of multi-family buildings to effectively educate and provide information to homeowners.
- Experience using MS Office suite, Adobe, and other Construction or sales related software. Must be computer literate.
- Understanding of the 2-5-10 New Home Warranty as mandated by the Homeowner Protection Office and as defined in the Residential Construction Performance Guide.
- Possess superior organizational skills in order to prioritize work load, time management and critical thinking skills.
- Possess effective communication skills (verbal and written); able to communicate with a variety of people and groups. Professional e-mail and phone skills.
- Self-motivated and adaptable with a strong willingness to learn and be challenged.
- Comfortable dealing with the public or homeowners with an empathetic and understanding attitude a must.
- Positive and upbeat attitude with strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Candidate will be punctual, have good working habits and appearance to be clean and tidy.
- Must have a reliable vehicle available daily and possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.