Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.4 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities. It is well-known for its large, trophy projects such as River District and Brewery District. It has ambitious growth plans for the future, and a very strong financial platform on which to base this growth.
Wesgroup is seeking an experienced Development Manager to add to its development team in Vancouver. This individual can expect to lead a wide variety of projects over time, from large master-plan projects such as River District to smaller commercial/industrial projects. Wesgroup’s approach is to have one person clearly responsible for the successful execution of a project, understanding it strategically and as a business. Its entrepreneurial spirit drives it to find creative ways to solve problems and create value.
This role will report to the Senior VP, Development. The role of Development Manager will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the design, delivery and municipal approvals of development projects
- Management and coordination of multiple consultant teams
- Management and coordination of the project team ensuring all aspects of the development are coordinated, communicated and delivered as planned
- Market research
- Municipal approvals
- Managing the general scope of legal agreements typically associated with development projects
- Assisting with acquisitions due diligence and analysis
- Creating and managing development proformas for multiple forms of development
- Project reporting
- Community engagement
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience, including multi-family residential projects and ideally some exposure to non-residential projects as well
- A fit with Wesgroup’s culture and organizational approach is paramount
- Education and background in Real Estate, Commerce, Urban Land Economics, Architecture, Planning, Legal or Engineering
- Established network of contacts within the municipal, consultant and development communities
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Excellent understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-pasted team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required
- Positive attitude and a desire to help others
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook and Word
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.