Estimator, Construction Downtown Vancouver
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
The construction team of Wesgroup is looking for a self-motivated, detail-orientated individual with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Prepare in coordination with the preconstruction manager, the tender documents for sub-contract and supplier pricing.
- Provide subcontract and supplier analysis recommendations.
- Prepare bid documents and clear and concise scopes of work.
- Source vendors and subcontractors.
- Maintain / update project bid list.
- Perform accurate / detailed take-offs from project drawings using on screen software.
- Assist construction team with the overall management of all construction projects.
- Assist / lead new construction technologies, implementation.
- Maintain up to date accurate document control processes for the projects including drawings, plans, submittals, document logs, reports and specifications both electronically and hard copies.
- Participates, prepares and distributes accurate and detailed meeting minutes in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Project Managers with managing the shop drawings for all projects within the construction team.
- Collecting, documenting and filing project support as required.
- General and administrative duties as required by the construction team.
- Assist with close out documents, LEED, etc.
- Attend site meetings when necessary.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company directives.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines and prioritize as such.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A diploma or degree from BCIT (or equivalent) is required, as well as, related field experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in the Vancouver construction market, ideally experience with wood frame / concrete high rise. Working with a developer or general contractor preferred.
- Previous experience with multi-family, industrial or tilt up projects is required.
- Experience using digital Take Off software is required.
- Excellent and above average communication skills in English both written and oral.
- Exceptional phone skills.
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings and other construction documents.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize work load and stay on top of things as the project demands increase.
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged.
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Above average mathematical skills are necessary for this position along with report compilation.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Must be computer literate and current on new technologies.
- Hard working and a problem solver.
- Experience using MS Office suite, Adobe.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those with relevant backgrounds may be contacted.