First Aid / Labourer, Construction
Lower Mainland, BC
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
The Construction team of Wesgroup is looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career at Wesgroup while gaining knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
• Review subcontractors documentation for accuracy and provide feedback to personnel
• Assist in the planning and start-up of new projects with respect to safety
• Inventory safety related training of subcontractor’s workers; conduct new worker safety orientations
• Conduct safety meetings and toolbox talks
• Keep management current on the status of any issue(s) that may impact on the work being performed
• Prepare site safety plans
• Promote safe working conditions
• Enforce safety regulations and safe work practices
• Provide First Aid coverage as required by the Project.
• Participate in daily safety interactions, including performing and documenting daily safety inspections (including tools/equipment) and auditing to ensure adherence to standards.
• Ensure that all accidents, incidents and injuries are properly reported to all appropriate parties.
• Coordinates Material Safety Data Sheet library for controlled products.
• Perform general labourer duties as required by Site Supervisor, Project Manager and Senior Vice President.
• Prioritize tasks, organize and direct other labourers for completion of tasks on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
• A minimum of three year’s relevant experience in a site/field safety role
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills with attention to detail
• Occupational First Aid Level 2 certification
• Candidates must have demonstrated a thorough understanding of WorkSafe BC regulations.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply with your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations). We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.