The Support Analyst is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware or software for company employees at head office and remote sites. Responds to questions, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem and determines and implements solution.
- Set up new users with desktops, laptops, iPhones, iPads, VoIP phones, as required;
- Provide technical assistance and support for queries and issues related to computer systems, hardware and software;
- Defines application problem by conferring with end users, evaluating procedures and processes; develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions; implements solution and guides end users through lessons learned to minimize repeat occurrences;
- Respond to queries either in person, by phone, email, IM or text;
- Travel to remote construction and sales sites to set up and maintain computer, network, and telecom systems, as needed;
- Monitor issues and follow up with users to ensure issues have been resolved
Asset Control and Maintenance
- Maintain daily performance of server and client hardware and software;
- Maintain inventory of hardware and software assets.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Hands-on technical experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively plan and prioritize competing deadlines and requirements;
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support;
- Experience in working with the fast-paced business to determine requirements and clarify processes;
- Experience in identifying and understanding client needs and validating with key stakeholders, developing and evaluating alternative solutions and making recommendations on the most effective system approaches and business solutions;
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles.
- Degree or diploma from an established education institution;
- ITIL or similar IT Best Practice certification;
- Professional Technology Certification such as MCP, MCSA, CCNP;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Technology Stack (Active Directory, NTFS Permissions, CIFS, SMB shares, DFS, DHCP, DNS, etc);
- Demonstrated experience of networking switches, TCP/IP and other network technologies;
- Demonstrated experience in deployment and support of Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X in a Windows networking environment
- Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management of Apple, Android type devices;
- Experience with VPN and remote desktop configuration;
- Experience with MS Office 2016 (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential;
- Virtual machine and VMWare knowledge considered an asset;
- Working experience with Office 365 considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS considered an asset.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and demonstrate capability with cross-functional teams and vendors, as well as internal customers;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize; attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and occasional tight deadlines;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Must have access to a vehicle.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.