Wesgroup’s busy Construction division is looking for a self-motivated, detail-orientated individual with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks in the role of Junior Project Administrator. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads. This role reports to the Site Superintendent and is a site based position.
- Assist construction team with the overall management of all construction projects.
- Managing Site Instructions (SI’s), Requests for Information (RFI’s) for site team
- Writes Purchase Orders (PO’s) for site team
- Maintain up to date accurate document control processes for the projects including drawings, plans, submittals, document logs, reports and specifications both electronically and hard copies.
- General and administrative duties as required by the construction team.
- Attend site meetings when necessary.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company directives.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Working towards a diploma or degree in Construction Management from BCIT (or similar) is preferred, as well as, related field experience.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working in the Vancouver construction market, ideally experience with wood frame / concrete high rise. Working with a developer or general contractor preferred.
- Excellent and above average communication skills in English both written and oral.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize work load and stay on top of things as the project demands increase.
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged.
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Must be computer literate and current on new technologies.
- Hard working and a problem solver.
- Experience using MS Office suite, Adobe.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.