Wesgroup is looking for an action oriented team player to work closely with the Income Producing Property team and the Asset Management team to manage the day-to-day accounting and periodic reporting of a portfolio of income properties.
This opportunity requires a result- oriented individual, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for full cycle accounting for single tenant and self-managed properties;
- Prepare and post month end journal entries for assigned properties on a timely basis;
- Analyze variances from current and prior period budgets to identify trends, risks and opportunities;
- Review lease set-ups and prepare rental statements and operating cost reconciliations;
- Review of financial statements and general ledgers to ensure adherence to corporate financial policies;
- Prepare the monthly rent roll package for all IPP properties;
- Review and analyze/comment on the monthly rent roll variances;
- Enter and update tenant banking information for EFT rent processing;
- Prepare GST/PST/parking reconciliations and remittances;
- Enter A/R cash receipts for tenant deposits prepared by the residential building managers;
- Process tenant chargebacks and prepare invoice packages for distribution;
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for business activities on assigned properties;
- Prepare year-end working paper files;
- Ad-hoc projects as they arise.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Minimum 1 year experience in A/R and A/P or equivalent in a property management accounting environment;
- Organizational and time management skills, with an ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working independently;
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to draft clear and concise written communications;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to build relationships;
- High level of attention to detail and dedication to quality;
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills; and Yardi 7S experience would be a plus.
We thank all applicants in advance however only qualified applicants may be contacted.