Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
Wesgroup is seeking a talented Lease Administrator to join its Leasing team. The Lease Administrator will be an integral part of the team, preparing lease agreements and related documentation for Wesgroup’s portfolio of over 40 buildings and new developments which comprise over 200 tenants. This role will report to the Director of Leasing. The role of the Lease Administrator will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Prepare documents such as: Offers to Lease, Renewal Agreements, Leases, Lease Addendums, Assignments, and Surrenders;
- Draft and distribute Lease Summaries to the Accounting, Property Management, and Legal departments;
- Monitor and update critical date checklists for new development deals;
- Track expiry dates, options to renew, options to terminate, and other encumbrances for each property;
- Record and track of all new deals and renewals completed;
- Collect data for due diligence as required;
- Track lease documents to ensure they are returned and processed promptly;
- Process all leasing related invoice payments related to commissions, events, and proposals;
- Liaise with in-house counsel for any legal requirements;
- Assist the Accounting & Finance Departments with monthly reporting, yearly property revenue budgets and re-financing tasks;
- Monthly preparation of up-coming renewals and communication of information to Leasing, Accounting and Property Management teams.
- Maintain efficient filing and electronic storage of documentation;
- Coordinate, organize and attend special events
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including word processing, filing, photocopying, scanning, scheduling appointments, website updates, and note taking.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a Lease Administration or similar role
- Ability to understand and interpret Leases;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel); Familiar with Yardi;
- Experience working with Lease Agreements and other legal documentation;
- Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills;
- Proven ability to work in high pressured environments with tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Willing to take initiative and ownership of tasks.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, with Lease Administrator Application indicated in subject line to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.