Wesgroup is seeking a legal assistant to join its legal department. This role will report to General Counsel. The role of legal assistant will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
• All functions relating to document production, preparing correspondence and project organization;
• All administrative functions of an in-house legal practice, including filing, coding of invoices, calendar management, appointments, meetings, bring-forwards and general file management;
• Screening of incoming correspondence and preparation of draft responses, as well as responding directly to outside parties on routine matters;
• BC On-line, LTSA and PPR searches;
• Assist with drafting and preparation of corporate record documents, letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, closing agendas, offers to lease, leases and related documents;
• Assist with transaction related matters, including due diligence and closings;
• Assist with contract management, including monitoring status of conditions precedent, payments and other time sensitive matters;
• Assist with reception relief and other internal departments when required, including acting a back-up for the Executive Assistant; and
• All other duties as required.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
• Minimum of 2 years in a legal setting; degree or diploma in a legal secretary or paralegal program;
• Real estate and corporate commercial procedures experience an asset;
• Strong written, oral and communication skills;
• Highly organized, ability to follow up and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Proactive and ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising strong organization, initiative and judgment;
• Advanced computer skills, particularly in Word, Outlook and Excel;
• Needs to exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive issues;
• Strong attention to detail; and
• Ability to work occasional overtime hours if necessary.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.