Wesgroup is seeking a talented Market Analyst to join its team. The Market Analyst will perform wide-ranging market research to assist development analysis, decisions, and sales/ marketing campaigns. The successful candidate will assist in developing models to understand cause & affect relationships between housing supply and demand. This role will be key in assisting in forecasting real estate market performance to help shape business strategies. The Market Analyst will manage all data collection and ensure market information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Organize and analyze data to create quarterly market briefs and other ad hoc analytical models and/or reports that provide fundamental insights to the market places where Wesgroup is or will be developing.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive database covering the resale/rental market as well as the new (presale and prelease) market of multi-family residential communities throughout the Lower Mainland where Wesgroup currently operates or is in interested in operating.
- Visit and track relevant market places and new developments to assist in compiling data such as the existing inventory, upcoming supply, pricing, absorption levels, buyer profiles, marketing tactics, and unit-mixes.
- Research and analyze primary and secondary data related to all aspects of the real estate development industry including new policy, demographics, macro and micro economics and residential land sales.
- Prepare targeted market research reports complete with development recommendations for various Wesgroup operational divisions including but not limited to, development, marketing and sales.
- Assist in preparing project pricing ladders/matrix for new developments.
- Organize information and present and/or report findings while ensuring that information is accessible, useful and relevant and that key trends or conclusions are clearly presented, and assumptions are detailed.
- Liaise with members of the real estate and development community, maintaining a keen inside knowledge of the industry.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post Secondary Degree or related B.C.I.T. / UBC Diploma in Real Estate or Urban Land Economics
- AACI Accreditation and/or R.I.(B.C.) designation preferred
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of related work experience with solid understanding of the residential and commercial real estate markets
- Strong real estate appraisal and valuation skills are an asset
- Statistics and modeling experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, solid research/investigative skills
- Self starter / Independent with ability to work cooperatively in team-based environment
- Highly organized with strong communication skills
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, with Market Analyst indicated in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted