This role will be responsible for overseeing projects and effectively managing site activities. This individual must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals and consultants while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel. Planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the construction documents, schedule and budget. This position will work closely with the Sr. Vice President, Construction and fulfill an integral role on the project. This candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with tilt-up, commercial and industrial related type projects.
- Implementing project phasing & sequencing plans, budgeting and tendering/negotiation with client / trades.
- Schedule development and planning
- Value engineering, procurement and consultant / city coordination
- Responsible for all aspects of construction management for the client from pre-construction planning and design, QS budgeting, facilitating development and construction related permits
- Provide sequential tendering and schedule
- Performing day to day construction management duties
- Finalize post construction close out
- Provide business development support for marketing of new opportunities
- Responsible for all levels and stages of project management including initial bid scopes, writing and managing subcontractor contracts, developing and maintaining general detail level schedules, lead meetings and maintain forecast budgets.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, schedule, potential cost saving measures and possible construction problems;
- Effective communication with Design Team, City Officials and Trades. Coordinate all required municipal inspections;
- Control and monitor labor, material, equipment and site expenses.
- Handling and assisting with other matters as may be requested by the Senior VP Construction from time to time.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or Construction Management
- 5+ years experience in Construction in a Project Management capacity preferred years’ experience with tilt-up, commercial and industrial related type projects
- Knowledge and understanding of B.C. building code and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Effective communication skills at all level
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings and other construction documents.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize work load and stay on top of things as the project demands increase
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Works effectively in a team environment
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please visit our website at www.wesgroup.ca/careers/ and apply with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.