Project Manager (Residential), Construction
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
This role will be responsible for overseeing projects and effectively managing site activities. This individual must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals and consultants while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel. Planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the construction documents, schedule and budget. This position will work closely with the Sr. Vice President, Construction and fulfill an integral role on the project.
- Implementing project phasing & sequencing plans, budgeting and tendering/negotiation with client / trades.
- Schedule development and planning
- Value engineering, procurement and consultant / city coordination
- Responsible for all aspects of construction management including pre-construction planning and design, QS budgeting, facilitating development and construction related permits
- Provide sequential tendering and scheduling
- Performing day to day construction management duties
- Finalize post construction close out
- Provide business development support for marketing of new opportunities
- Responsible for all levels and stages of project management including initial bid scopes, writing and managing subcontractor contracts, developing and maintaining general detail level schedules, lead meetings and maintain forecast budgets.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, schedule, potential cost saving measures and possible construction problems;
- Effective communication with Design Team, City Officials and Trades;
- Control and monitor labor, material, equipment and site expenses.
- Handling and assisting with other matters as may be requested by the Senior VP Construction from time to time.
- Assist all Site Superintendents and Project Coordinators/Estimators in coordinating the work of trades and consultants.
- Check all invoices / progress claims for correct quantity, unit price, percentage of work performed.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years of related project management experience in multi-residential wood frame, high rise concrete and all aspects of mixed use, industrial/commercial construction.
- Demonstrate effective communication and team building skills
- Proven performance in leadership and managing people and developments
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make recommendations for change.
- Technically competent with various software programs related to construction industry.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.