Wesgroup is looking for an action-oriented team player to work closely with the Income Producing Property team and the Asset Management team to manage the day-to-day accounting, periodic reporting of a portfolio of income properties and assist in the supervisory of the IPP team.
This opportunity requires a result-oriented individual, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges within a fast-paced environment.
• Review monthly property financial statements completed by property accountants and provide feedback/commentary on accuracy, completeness and technical accounting concepts;
• Supervise the month-end/quarter-end/annual property close, reconcile asset continuity schedules, follow-up with property accountants on discrepancies/issues and ensure supporting schedules are completed accurately and timely;
• Provide ongoing coaching/support to the IPP team;
• Recommend process improvements to achieve industry best practices;
• Oversee the IPP team with the assistance of other senior accountants during the accounting manager’s absence;
• Responsible for full cycle accounting for a portfolio of properties;
• Prepare month end journal entries for assigned properties on a timely basis;
• Prepare monthly operational reporting packages;
• Analyze variances from budget to identify trends, risks and opportunities;
• Investigate issues/concerns raised and resolve them;
• Prepare financial reporting to satisfy lender requirements;
• Generate monthly rent roll packages;
• Prepare GST reconciliation and remittances;
• Budgeting and forecasting for business activities on assigned properties;
• Prepare year-end CAM reconciliations and tenant billings;
• Prepare year-end working paper files;
• Ad-hoc projects as they arise.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• A professional accounting designation or suitable experience;
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a property management accounting environment;
• Experience evaluating current policies and procedures and implementing new practices to drive efficiencies and controls;
• Strong capability in interpreting leases and performing cost reconciliations;
• Solid organizational and time management skills, with an ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working independently;
• Excellent oral communication skills and ability to draft clear and concise written communications;
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills, with the ability to develop creative and strategic solutions to issues;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to build relationships;
• High level of attention to detail and dedication to quality;
• Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills;
• Yardi Voyager 7S experience is an asset.
We thank all applicants in advance however only qualified applicants may be contacted.