Lower Mainland, BC
Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 2.2 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
We are seeking a diversified Site Superintendent experienced in construction of residential, commercial, retail and industrial buildings. The position requires an individual possessing well developed communication and supervisory skills.
- Manage all on site activities; ensuring project construction is executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner while maintaining quality assurance and integrity of design.
- Competent at reviewing all working drawings and able to identify conflicts and issues in advance of commencing.
- Conducting site safety orientations and weekly safety meetings with sub-trades.
- Reviewing on site work to confirm that project is being built as per drawings, specifications, code and ensuring that all finishes are to the Company’s and industry standards.
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule to project completion.
- Implement and enforce the requirements of WCB and Wesgroup’s Health and Safety program.
- Reviews the accuracy of shop drawings, change orders, SI’s and RFI’s as required.
- Investigate and resolve any issues that arise on site.
- Responsible for field documentation such as daily logs, conducting daily safety inspections, monthly progress reports and other required reports.
- Issue work orders for materials and schedule inspections as necessary; includes coordination of offsite utilities and reviewing with the applicable authority.
- Assisting with supervision of all sub-trades, workers and suppliers, including but limited to ensuring that they perform according to their contract, including a requirement to have an authorized representative of the Contractor physically present on the Site during all period of activity.
- Oversee all site activities by any and all sub-traces each day
- Assist with coordinating inspections with the municipal building department having jurisdiction in the area including the final occupancy inspections.
- Communicating daily with the project manager regarding any concerns, discrepancies, additions, or alterations that may arise during the course of construction to a building or areas affected by a building on the site.
- Keep a daily log/journal of all site activities
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Site Superintendent with experience in all aspects of multi-residential high rise concrete construction.
- Possess strong communication and team building skills.
- Be results focused with a proven track record of accomplishments in the construction field.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, make recommendations for change, implement and evaluate and provide a strong process perspective.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work accordingly.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes and Building Envelope.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and proactively develop appropriate means and methods to meet and overcome challenges.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.