The construction team of Wesgroup is looking for a self-motivated, detail-orientated individual with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Assist construction team with the overall management of all construction projects.
- Assist / lead new construction technologies, implementation.
- Maintain up to date accurate document control processes for the projects including drawings, plans, submittals, document logs, reports and specifications both electronically and hard copies.
- Participates, prepares and distributes accurate and detailed meeting minutes in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Project Managers with managing the shop drawings for all projects within the construction team.
- Collecting, documenting and filing field data (measurements, pictures, etc.) as required.
- Prepare in coordination with the preconstruction manager, the tender documents for sub-contract and supplier pricing.
- Provide subcontract and supplier analysis recommendations.
- Prepare bid documents and clear and concise scopes of work.
- Source vendors and subcontractors.
- Maintain / update project bid list.
- Perform accurate / detailed take-offs from project drawings using on screen software.
- General and administrative duties as required by the construction team.
- Assist with close out documents, LEED, etc.
- Attend site meetings when necessary.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company directives.
- Organize workflow to meet deadlines and prioritize as such.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A diploma or degree from BCIT (or equivalent) is required, as well as, related field experience.
- A minimum of 1-year experience working in the Vancouver construction market, ideally experience with wood frame / concrete high rise. Working with a developer or general contractor preferred. Previous experience with multi-family, industrial or tilt up projects is required.
- Experience using digital Take Off software is required.
- Excellent and above average communication skills in English both written and oral.
- Exceptional phone skills.
- Ability to read and interpret contract specifications, drawings and other construction documents.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize work load and stay on top of things as the project demands increase.
- Self-motivated with strong willingness and ability to learn and be challenged.
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Above average mathematical skills are necessary for this position along with report compilation.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Must be computer literate and current on new technologies.
- Hard working and a problem solver.
- Experience using MS Office suite, Adobe.
- Positive and upbeat attitude.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.