Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 3.0 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6000 homes in 100 communities.
Wesgroup is seeking a motivated A/P Specialist to join its Accounts Payable team on an 18 month contract. The A/P Specialist will be an integral part of the team, interacting with vendors, reviewing purchase orders and processing invoices, ensuring all vendors are paid in a timely fashion, and assisting with the Accounts Payable cycle. This role will report to the A/P Supervisor. The role of A/P Specialist will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Sort, code and data entry of all invoices received by mail and email
- Work with property managers and accountants to ensure invoice coding accuracy
- Maintain accounts payable email account
- Preparation of bi-monthly cheque runs and manual cheques for all entities
- Process adjustments in Yardi for vendors on Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) or Virtual Card
- Maintenance of new and existing vendor information
- Perform Worksafe (WCB) & GST verification for all new vendors including follow-up on delinquency status as required.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements
- Communicate with vendors regarding invoice/statement discrepancies as well as encourage them to switch to Direct Deposit for payment of invoices
- Document all cheques received for AR/AP.
- Processing daily cash receipts received via cheque and EFT
- Filing of all accounts payable and accounts receivable documents
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Experience with Accounting software
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- 1-2 years’ experience in an Accounts Payable or Accounting role.
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Understanding of the Accounts Payable cycle
- Experience in Yardi accounting system would be an asset
- Background in Real Estate Development would be an asset
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.