The Construction team of Wesgroup is looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career at Wesgroup while gaining knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
- Review subcontractors documentation for accuracy and provide feedback to personnel
- Assist in the planning and start-up of new projects with respect to safety
- Inventory safety related training of subcontractor’s workers; conduct new worker safety orientations
- Conduct safety meetings and toolbox talks
- Keep management current on the status of any issue(s) that may impact on the work being performed
- Prepare site safety plans
- Promote safe working conditions
- Enforce safety regulations and safe work practices
- Conduct hazard assessments
- Maintain and prepare thorough documentation and reports
- Provide First Aid coverage as required by the Project.
- Participate in daily safety interactions, including performing and documenting daily safety inspections (including tools/equipment) and auditing to ensure adherence to standards.
- Facilitate and participate in incident investigations and risk assessments, as required.
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and injuries are properly reported to all appropriate parties.
- In collaboration with the Safety Consultant, provides regular worksite safety training for all employees including new worker orientation, sub-contractor orientation and topics such as WHMIS, company policies and procedures, lockout, respirator fit tests, hearing tests, etc.
- Coordinates Material Safety Data Sheet library for controlled products.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- A minimum of two – five year’s relevant experience in a site/field safety role
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Must have transportation endorsement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Occupational First Aid Level 3 certification
- Experience with the BCCSA’s C.O.R. program and auditing processes
- Initiative and sound judgment
- Proficiency with productivity, scheduling, and software tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Candidates must have demonstrated and thorough understanding of WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those with relevant backgrounds may be contacted.