Wesgroup is seeking an experienced person to add to its development team in Vancouver. This individual can expect to lead a wide variety of projects over time, from large master-plan projects such as River District to smaller commercial/industrial projects. Wesgroup’s approach is to have one person clearly responsible for the successful execution of a project, understanding it strategically and as a business. Its entrepreneurial spirit drives it to find creative ways to solve problems and create value.
This role will report to the VP, Development. The Director of Development role will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Responsible for leading the execution of multiple projects, including leading internal and external teams in delivering successful projects, taking responsibility for the design, approval and delivery, including financial viability of development projects
- Representing Wesgroup in interactions with municipal staff and politicians in support of our applications and issuance of rezoning, development and building permits
- Actively participate in industry and policy consultations, effectively communicating and reacting to impacts to Wesgroup projects and assets in real time
- Lead public engagement activities, including being the public interface for Wesgroup with the community
- Assisting with acquisitions due diligence and analysis, determining and making recommendations on the feasibility of multiple development scenarios
- Project reporting, including the creation and management of business plans and development pro formas
- Brings entrepreneurial spirit to development management, taking clear responsibility for the successful execution of a project, understanding it strategically and as a business
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including multi-family residential and commercial projects with exposure to the entire development process, including working drawings, construction completion and delivery
- A fit with Wesgroup’s culture and organizational approach is paramount
- Education and background in Real Estate, Commerce, Urban Land Economics, Architecture, Planning, Legal or Engineering
- Established network of contacts within the municipal, consultant and development communities
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Excellent understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-pasted team environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) are required, along with demonstrable success in leading project teams to a common goal
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to balance multiple perspectives
- Positive attitude and a desire to help others
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications including, Excel, Outlook and Word
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.