The Finishing Superintendent will be leading, managing and coordinating the efforts of construction team members, third-party suppliers, and consultants during the finishing stages of the project. This individual must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals and consultants while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel. Planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the construction documents, schedule and budget.
- Manage work on site to ensure the compliance of finishing construction drawings and specifications
- Plan and implement schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control including deficiency lists
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety and WCB are enforced
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractors and suppliers
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security of the job site in ordinance with the Construction Safety Officers instructions
- Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, and safety requirements are being followed
- Advise Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Meet with Owners, Consultants and Architects in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
- Work with trades and suppliers reviewing, planning, coordinating and supervising their tasks and deliverables for the construction project
- Complete and maintain all daily logs, journals, and compliance reports related to the construction project
- Prepare look ahead schedules on a weekly basis for distribution subcontractors and suppliers
- Adhere to company’s purchasing (PO) procedures while ordering or receiving any needed material and equipment within delegated authority
- Identify items to be submitted as Request for Information to the Architect or Engineer prior to problem development at the site
- Update “as-built” conditions or changes in contract documents and coordinate with subcontractors, suppliers for implementation
- Ensure all certificates and final inspections have been obtained prior to project close out
- Liaise with the Customer Care team before key handovers to determine deficiency needs or possible contractor oversights.
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years’ as a Finishing Superintendent with experience in multi-family high rise buildings required
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or Construction Management
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and proactively develop appropriate means and methods to meet and overcome challenges.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.