Wesgroup is seeking an experienced HR Generalist that understands the importance of balancing HR and business. This candidate should have a thorough knowledge of processes but not be afraid to try new solutions to deal with difficult challenges. You are pro-active and resourceful and comfortable thinking outside the box and be self-motivated to learn and grow your HR knowledge base in all practice areas, as well as demonstrate the required confidence to deliver training and presentations and be able to independently problem-solve through critical analysis. This job could be 4 or 5 days per week.
- Advise and implement key HR objectives and priorities
- Advising managers and employees on all HR programs, employment legislation and practices
- Assist in HR policy development
- Maintain and participate in the attraction, retention and development of high-quality employees, including: advertising, conducting interviews, reference checks
- Look for ways to improve the employee experience
- Contribute to delivering an exceptional on-boarding experience for all new employees
- Support and conduct market research to identify trends impacting HR.
- Supports annual performance and compensation review process
- Facilitate new hire orientation and on-boarding activities and conduct exit interviews and related off boarding activities
- Provide support with strategic HR initiatives, including research and recommendation, ownership and participation
- Respond to employee request, inquires and concerns in a timely solution-orientated manner
- Provide counsel and guidance on performance management and corrective actions
- Coach and support people managers in the application of HR policies and practices
- Continually build and maintain knowledge and understanding of employment standards
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years in an HR Coordinator or HR Generalist role
- Completion of post-secondary studies, preferably in HR
- Experience working with HRIS, ATS or other databases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize or multi task
- Proven record of taking responsibility, using good judgement, including exercising of discretion and confidentiality
- Adaptable and flexible with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Experience providing guidance, direction, coaching and advice on matters related to all areas of HR
- Ability to build strong relationships, including communicating with all levels of the organization
- Ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to reach consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Team orientated
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.