Wesgroup is seeking a motivated Junior Corporate Accountant to join its Corporate Accounting team. The Junior Accountant will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager and will assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and supporting accounting processes.
- Prepare monthly recurring entries including amortization, parking, reclassification and adjusting entries.
- Create invoices for chargebacks to related parties such as utilities, insurance, and telephone.
- Review visa expense reports from various departments and enter the expenses into accounting systems.
- Reconcile monthly inter-company AP/AR balances.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for several bank accounts.
- Perform monthly GST reconciliations.
- Assist with treasury functions.
- Assist in the implementation of Concur, an expense management application.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements and financial reporting requirements for multiple entities.
- Assist in year end audits.
- Perform ad-hoc reports or tasks as required by managers.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelors Degree in or post secondary education in Business or Accounting
- Have a solid knowledge of general accounting principles and 1-2 years general accounting/finance experience.
- Have a strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager an asset but not required.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.