This is a newly created position that will support financial planning, reporting and analysis processes, including detailed budgeting and forecast. The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will conduct financial analysis to identify risks and opportunities, report key performance indicators, help to ensure accurate and timely production of forecasts and assist in monitoring overall performance relative to plan.
The opportunity is for a candidate to step into an environment that is developing institutional quality systems and processes and have a direct contribution to process improvement. Whilst working within the Corporate Accounting team, the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will work collaboratively with others in the Senior Leadership including the SVP Finance. The candidate has the opportunity to make an impact on Wesgroup by developing and managing financial tools that provide visibility and transparency on capital allocation risks.
- Prepare monthly schedules on various performance measurement indicators to analyze functional business line performance
- Audit and scrutinize source information from the functional business lines for integrity and completeness
- Develop and prepare relevant reporting that measures the performance of capital allocation strategies
- Maintain schedules that support Debt Management strategies
- Aggregate and roll-up analyses into consolidated, enterprise-wide summaries that highlight key performance indicators
- Conduct valuations of real estate assets (income assets and development assets)
- Assist with Annual Report preparation
Qualifications and Knowledge:
The successful candidate will be a detailed-orientated self-starter that takes great pride in delivering high-quality, timely results. The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis will have a proven track record of financial modeling coupled with sound business acumen. The required knowledge and abilities are summarized below:
- Completed undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
- Possess professional designation (i.e. Chartered Professional Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst or Chartered Business Valuator)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar capacity (i.e. roll-up analysis and forecasting at a similarly large enterprise)
- Ability to understand key drivers
- Familiarity with real estate asset management and development
- Strong capability with various financial platforms and reporting tools with superior Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, v-lookups, index)
- Ability to articulate, verbally and in written form, complex topics / transactions
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.