Wesgroup is seeking an experienced Property Manager to join its Property Management team. This role would be suitable for an individual with 1- 3 years of relevant experience. The Property Manager will be an integral part of the team, interacting with other Property Managers, Accounting, Building Technicians, Development, Construction and Tenants. The Property Manager will manage a mixed portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties. This role will report to the Director of Commercial Properties and will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Review all leases with potential tenants on new and existing projects.
- Review existing management procedures and provide recommendations.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns. Ensure a high level of tenant relations is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to tenant needs.
- Administer and manage and ensure compliance of the terms of all tenant leases.
- Manage Tenant relations and expectations.
- Develop, administer and submit annual operating and 5-10 year capital budgets.
- Operate properties in accordance with the management contract and approved annual budgets. Be responsible for ensuring all Property Management policies, procedures and operations are executed to standard.
- Authorize work and purchase orders to approved limits. Review and approve invoices according to standard policies and procedures.
- Approve payables and establish priorities of payment when necessary.
- Review and approve CAM and operating expense reconciliation.
- Review receivables and contact tenants to collect rents in arrears.
- Monitor real estate taxes and assessed valuations to assure proper levels of taxation.
- Control expense commitments and develop expenditure procedures to adhere to budget guidelines.
- Negotiate with vendors for cost effective equipment and services including, but not limited to maintenance contracts, and supplies.
- Develop and maintain building procedures and supervise building operations, utilizing building staff as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans and procedures for property security.
- Conduct property inspections.
- Develop and maintain long range plans (rehab/modernization), including maintaining knowledge on competing properties
- Participate in Special Projects (ie. BOMAbest, Energy and Sustainability)
Asset Management duties:
- Review and analyze monthly property financial statements and ensure NOI/cash flow is meeting budget.
- Review and provide input for the annual property budgets, one and five-year business plans for each property including CAPEX budgeting/forecasting;
- Maximize the return on each asset through creative asset management strategies/efficiencies and identifying opportunities to improve asset performance.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- 1 – 3 years of experience managing a mixed portfolio of office, industrial and retail properties.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task with competing priorities.
- Excellent understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-paced team environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
- Positive attitude and a desire to help others.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Yardi would be beneficial.
- Valid Driver’s License.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.