The Brewery District is a nine acre, master-planned, transit-oriented community located in New Westminster, BC.
Previously home to the Labatt’s Brewery, the site is strategically located across from the Sapperton SkyTrain station and directly across from the Royal Columbian Hospital. The site offers 1.4 million square feet of buildable area within the projects' eight planned buildings, of which seven have been completed or are under construction.
The Brewery District will feature four distinctive interdependent uses:
- JOBS – over 600,000 sq.ft. of office space
- AMENITIES- up to 140,000 sq.ft. of total retail space
- HOMES- 650-750 residential units
- HEALTH- up to 65,000 sq.ft. of space for health practitioners, health education and health services.
Building One (completed in 2013) consists of 29,000 sq.ft. of ground floor retail and 236,000 sq.ft. of office space which is the Translink and Transit Police head office. Retailers include Shoppers Drug Mart, Brown’s Social House, Kids & Company and 123 Dental.
East Columbia St: 13,451 VPD
Brunette Avenue: 40,000 VPD
- Size: 1,070 to 6,683 SF
- Deliver: Shell condition, ready for tenant improvements
- Timing: Summer 2023